Monday, September 29, 2008

Fantasy Surfer League...Be Part of the Action


Last year sometime I was reading SurferMag and came across an ad for an online fantasy surfing league. When I got home that night I checked it out online and created an account, which is free by the way. Now since I was traveling so much for work, last year, I really had no time to dedicate to it.

At the beginning of Jan 2008 I got an e-mail from SurferMag, who runs the fantasy surfing site, about the upcoming season......oh ya I forgot I hand an account. So I logged in and started to become acquainted with the site, the ASP tour and it's surfers. Now at this point I really did not know much about surfing and it athletes but now after 9 months of being a part of the fantasy surf site and playing I'm much more knowledgeable.


So I just wanted to introduce this site and league to you because it makes you be part of the action....ok maybe not physically but it's just as fun to strategize and pick your team.

As I had mentioned before to create an account is free at http://www.fantasysurfer.com/ and the rest is a piece of cake. The overall concept of the league is to pick as many surfers as possible with your $50,000,000 salary cap limit will allow for each ASP tour stop. Simple right.....it's similar to many other fantasy leagues out there on the net.

The reason I really like this fantasy league is because it is really based upon the surfer on how well they do and not tied to a team results. Not to mention the fact that surfing is not your tyical main stream sport....it's much better. When picking your team you really have to do your homework for each event because each ASP tour stop is different from each other, bringing out some surfers strengths and other surfers weaknesses.

The grand prize for the top point getter at that end of the season wins an awesome surf vacation for two in an exotic location......live the surf life for a bit. Also if you join varies clubhouses you are also eligble to win prizes each tour stop basis on your standing, such as signed surf board by your favourite pros and other gear.

Also you can watch every ASP surf even live via webcast, which is streamed with pretty good quality, to cheer on the team you built for that event. Just google the event name to find the site, found on the ASP tour site.

It's never to late to join the league and take part in the last couple of events and if you enjoy the fun of fantasy sports leagues and surfing this is dream.

Have fun and surfs up...Dudes....LOL.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you can also check out fantasysurfleague.com for another unique fantasy surfing game!